Let’s get to know a Proggio’s Head of Solution Engineering – Eric Theurer.
A little bit about Eric:
I am born and raised in Salt Lake City, Utah. I have travelled quite a bit and have yet to find a place I’d rather live. Speaking of that I love doing anything and everything outdoors with my wife and 4 daughters. A couple outdoor activities we love the most are boating in the summer, skiing in the winter and golfing when the weather is warm enough. I started my career as an Accountant as I graduated with a Bachelors degree in Accounting from the University of Utah. I then went on to earn my MBA from Westminster College and after graduating I moved into the Tech industry in 2015. I spent a number of years working for big ERP companies and now I’m here at Proggio.
1. What do you love most about your role at Proggio?
I love helping and showing customers how Proggio can make their jobs so much better. I am very bias but I think I have the best job in part of the sales cycle because I get to be on stage for the show (demo) many people have been waiting for. It is also fun to be in the “hot seat” as prospects and customer will drill you will questions. It is just a lot of fun!
2. What advice do you have for someone also interested in that type of position?
Learn, practice, deliver… rinse and repeat. Do this over and over again until you master demoing a software. Be curious and always learn. These are some of the main attributes that someone needs to have to not only be successful in this position but to enjoy doing it. If you like doing all of those things then you will like being a Solution Engineer.
3. What are your biggest accomplishments so far at Proggio?
Building out the SE playbook, onboarding, and having a high technical win rate.
4. What was your favorite toy as a kid?
A remote control firetruck!
5. How would you describe your job and its responsibilities to small children?
I would tell them that I am like an actor in a play on the computer.
6. Top 5 tools you can’t live without.
8. If you could be in any movie, what would it be?
9. If you could have an unlimited supply of one thing, what would it be?
10. What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?
11. One piece of advice you’d give your younger self?
Never stop learning and read more.
12. What’s at the top of your bucket list?
Summer long surf trip
There you have it! We hope you enjoyed learning more about the people who power Proggio and have helped get us to where we are today. If you’re interested in learning more about our adaptive project portfolio management platform, drop us a note.