Let’s get to know one of Proggio’s Sales Superstars – Alex Baird
A little bit about Alex:
I am a young motivated individual, who loves to try new and challenging things. I will try just about anything once! I grew up playing a variety of sports all throughout my youth and beyond. I grew up playing mostly basketball and football, but also played just about everything else. My favorite nowadays is golf, and I have been playing for well over 15 years now. On the weekends, you will find me hanging with friends, either on a Golf Course, hitting the town on a night out, or in the mountains somewhere with my friends and my dog. Music is also a huge part of my life, so going to music festivals and being completely immersed in art & music is one of my favorite things to do. I am also a huge history nerd, so any and all places that I can travel to, I will and try and see as many historical areas and pieces of history that I can!
1. What do you love most about your role at Proggio?
The ability to help people. Something that we see far too often in our work is that people are constantly overwhelmed and stressed about the lack of visibility & communication on their projects. Being able to be a solution provider, and help people is something that drives me to get the Proggio message out!
2. What advice do you have for someone also interested in that type of position?
Be willing to learn, be yourself, and put yourself in others shoes. Something that I have always seen both as a salesman, and a purchaser. Is that trust is the most value component to any deal. If you are not your genuine self, then people will see that, and feel less comfortable with advice and information that you give them. Always keep the customer in mind, and do what is in their best interest!
3. What’s your biggest accomplishment so far at Proggio?
I was able to close a deal within 3 weeks of meeting the prospective client. Being able to get the right pieces involved, and the right people. We were able to gain the confidence of the client and close the deal quickly and efficiently!
4. What was your favorite toy as a kid?
A basketball, to go play at the local park.
5. At which store would you like to max-out your credit card?
Nike or Jordan
6. Who would win the fight between Superman and Batman?
Batman as he already created weapons made of Kryptonite to defeat superman.
7. If you could be in any movie, what would it be?
8. If you could have an unlimited supply of one thing, what would it be?
Tacos or Burgers
9. What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?
10. Would you rather have no phone access for a year or no car access?
11. What’s at the top of your bucket list?
Visiting as many countries as possible!
12. What’s your favorite place you’ve traveled to and why?
My favorite place I have travelled to is Israel so far.
13. One piece of advice you’d give your younger self?
Not everyone is going to like you anyways, so be yourself.
14. What would be your weapon of choice in a zombie apocalypse?
15.If you could quickly and easily learn any new skill, what would it be?
The ability to learn new languages quickly and easily!
There you have it! We hope you enjoyed learning more about the people who power Proggio and have helped get us to where we are today: the adaptive project portfolio management platform. If you’re interested in learning more about what we do, drop us a line