Podcasts for Project Managers and PMO Leaders are Not Just for Learning
At Proggio, we love podcasts. Sometimes for broadening our horizons about what’s going on in our project management and PMO leader world, and sometimes not. And since we know that it can be easy to get lost in the sea of podcasts when you want to find something relevant to the field or something different, we figured that we’d scour the net looking for great podcasts for you. This list includes a curation of Spotify podcasts that are interesting, helpful, and fun to listen to on the go, or while you’re being productive. So go ahead, and bookmark this list made just for you and enjoy!
[Disclaimer: We do not financially support any of these channels and the opinions expressed in these podcasts do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of Proggio.]
Project Management Podcasts:
Below is a list of podcasts that you can surely relate to since they all talk about project portfolio management and/or project management. Granted, there were a few more podcasts on the topic but they were either outdated, or had extremely poor sound, or only had a few episodes that weren’t worth mentioning. Which one is your favorite?
- All Things Project Management
- Agile Project Management
- Project Management Insights
- Project Bliss – Project Management and Leadership
- Leading Agile – The sound isn’t great but they have some interesting insight.
- CIO Talk Network Podcast
- 5 Minutes Podcast with Ricardo Vargas
- The Sensible Project Manager Podcast
- Projectified by the Project Management Institute
- People and Project Podcast: Project Management Podcast
- Project Management Happy Hour
- The Digital Project Manager (DPM) Podcast – only on Apple Podcasts
- Manage This – The Project Management Podcast
- The CIO in the Know Podcast
- PMO Strategies – This one is one of our favorites!
Podcasts for Background Music to Help you Focus:
We admit that this music list could have been far more elaborate but instead of going down that rabbit hole, we made a shortlist of music channels that are excellent go-to’s for when you need help focusing on your work.
- Feel Good Jazz
- All of the Classical Composers
- Brown Noise Therapy — If you need to drown out the noise from your environment and music is just as much of a distraction, try listening to brown noise. It almost sounds like you’re on an airplane ride!
- Cercle – World-renowned electronic DJs playing concerts at the most spectacular venues
- JaBig – JaBig is an international DJ that spins some of the best deep house music mixes.
Meditation Podcasts that are Good for the Soul & Finding Your Balance:
Meditation is key to find balance in life, and with balance comes greatness. Try these channels out the next time you feel the need to focus on your breath.
- Birds in the Rain – If you’re the type of PMO leader or Project Manager who loves nature, hit play, close your eyes, and take deep breaths. The sounds will make you smile.
- Headspace: Guided Meditation for Everyone – We suggest this guided meditation, especially if you’re interested in trying your hand in meditation but don’t know how to go about it.
- Headspace: Meditation Space – If you don’t have the Headspace app yet, then we recommend you give it a go.
- Radio Headspace
- Headspace for the kids: Goodnight, World! –Because when the kids feel good, you feel good, and you can focus on your work.
Personal Improvement Podcasts:
- HBR IdeaCast by Harvard Business Review
- How’s Work? with Esther Perel – The famous and amazing couples therapist, Esther Perel, focuses on talking about how our jobs impact our relationships.
- Hidden Brain – “Shankar Vedantam uses science and storytelling to reveal the unconscious patterns that drive human behaviour, shape our choices and direct our relationships.”
- The Mindvalley Podcast with Vishen Lakhiani – Vishen Lakhiani interviews some of the greatest thinkers and leaders of our time.
- Great Women of Business
- Wondery Business Wars
- No Bullsh!t Leadership
- 20 Minute Leaders
- Radio Lingua Network – French – Italian – Spanish – German – Chinese
Podcasts Just for Fun:
Sometimes you just need your mind off of your multiple projects that demand your attention. Here’s a list of podcasts that are all the rave.
- The Joe Rogan Experience
- The Ben Shapiro Show
- Where Should We Begin? with Esther Perel
- This American Life
- Pod Save America
- Real Time with Bill Maher
- The Dr. Jordan B Peterson Podcast
- Netflix is a Daily Joke
If you have any other project management podcasts that we missed, feel free to share them with us. And for more tips on how to gain better focus on your projects in your portfolio, you can get in touch with us and try Proggio with unlimited users for free.
Want to gain better control of your project management?